• Please try to partake in at least 150 minutes of exercise each
• Combine cardiovascular training and strength training:
• Cardiovascular training such as walking, running, jumping
rope, bicycling, swimming and dancing.
• Strength training such as weight lifting, toning, muscle
• Test glucose levels prior to and after exercise.
If glucose levels drop too low (under 70 mg/dL or if you
feel a hypoglycemic reaction), then make sure your glucose
levels are high enough prior to your next exercise routine.
• If glucose levels rise higher after exercise, then re-evaluate
your medication and/or food/beverage consumption.
• Be careful that your medication doesn’t peak at the time of
• Be sure to drink enough fluids since exercise and high
glucose levels can dehydrate you.